I can’t think of a better spring pastime than drinking local beer. If that’s your idea of fun, too, come and visit the Modern, where you can ride a bike to some of the
best local breweries in the west. Need additional encouragement? Here are ten of my reasons to check out our local beer scene:
- Beer isn’t expensive.
- Beer has no pretense.
- Beer is communal, uniting hippies, yuggies (young urban granola), granolas or business types. A taco truck and a beer could make friends of us all.
- If you happen to spill it on your shoes or shirt, good beer doesn’t smell that bad the next day.
- The west makes the best beer in the country.
- If you walk or ride your bike to each location in Boise with great beer, the exercise will balance out the added calories you’ll consume, resulting in a zero weight gain.
- Beer isn’t fussy (and please, let’s try not to make it that way.) My palate loves a beer with flavor. Personally, I like my beer on the hoppy side, but I also love a good porter or a stout. [I don’t want to say it has good legs, unless you can
- Even gluten-free beer can taste good.
- My grandpa drank cheap beer, and like so many of us, he knew that even bad beer tastes good when you’re with someone you love.
- Beer pairs well with many of the Modern Hotel’s appetizers and dinners. Charcuterie and beer? I say yes! Mushroom empanada and a Payette Brewing North Fork? Oui. Lamb Birria and beer? You betcha! Ginger Pork Bánh Mi? No problem!
Some local breweries to check out:
- Woodland Empire
- Boise Brewing Co
- Highlands Hollow
- Payette Brewing CO.
- Sockeye Brewing
- Crooked Fence Brewing