We’re excited to be able to expand our team!
The Modern Hotel is seeking a full-time Housekeeping Supervisor. Apply below.
Shifts for the HK Supervisor position start at 8am and go until tasks are completed, usually between 3pm and 5pm – with a 30-minute paid lunch break. Scheduling is fairly flexible (most time off requests get approved) but must be available to work weekends, especially Sundays (the busiest day of the week). Starting pay is $13 / hour and will be reassessed after a 90-day trial period.
Housekeeping Supervisors are responsible for the cleanliness in rooms and guest areas throughout the Modern Hotel property. They are required to perform the following in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely, and professional manner – resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction:
- Manage department on days when main supervisor is gone and help with laundry/housekeeping/projects on days when both supervisors are working together.
- Contribute to and maintain an organized, efficient work environment
- Clock employees in and out and assigning shifts at the start of the day
- Inspect rooms (sanitize, check for maintenance issues, tidiness and proper displays/amenities)
- Communicate with front desk and housekeeping staff about rooms that have checked out and rooms that need to be prioritized
- Assist with laundry (wash, fold and organize towels and blankets and prep linen to be sent out to cleaner)
- No hotel experience required
- Attention to detail
- Patience with repetitive tasks
- Friendly attitude toward staff and guests
- Clean and professional appearance
- Team-oriented – works independently but keeps attention on the needs of co-workers
- Looks for opportunities to help others
- Good multi-tasking / time management skills
- Flexibility in prioritizing tasks and fulfilling department and guest requests
- Must be comfortable working in a multilingual environment
- Good communication – you will be interacting with the front desk and maintenance department regularly and will need to relay information to staff and other supervisors
- Need to be able to lift up to 50lbs and be able to be on your feet all day
- Frequent use of stairs
If you’re interested in the Housekeeping Supervisor position at the Modern, please fill out the form below and upload your resume today!
Supervisors do not receive tips. Employees of the Modern receive discounts at the Modern Bar and Restaurant and our sibling restaurant Txikiteo. A benefits package is available after six months of employment.
We expect all staff members (and guests) to take COVID-19 precautions and protocols seriously. Face coverings are mandatory and willingness to get vaccinated is preferred.
If you’d like to follow-up on your application, please email email@example.com.