In everything we do, we’re closely following Centers for Disease Control and American Hotel and Lodging Association guidelines to keep our guests and team members safe.
We are excited to welcome you to the Modern, when you’re ready!
The City of Boise is currently under Public Health Emergency Order 20-14:
- Face covering requirements
- Limits on gatherings of 50 or more people
- Limits to city board and commission meetings
- Restrictions for Boise Airport access and other unique city businesses
- Creates consequences for individuals and businesses who knowingly violate orders
For more information, please visit the City of Boise website: https://www.cityofboise.org/departments/mayor/coronavirus-covid-19-information/
Here’s what you can expect before, during, and after your stay at the Modern.
At a minimum, the following safety, cleanliness, and check-in procedures will be in place:
Social distancing and face coverings:
- Physically-distanced lobby, seating, meeting spaces, landscaping and grounds;
- Please keep at least a six-foot distance from anyone that isn’t in your traveling party, including other guests and staff members;
- Face masks are required in all public spaces, including the lobby, stairwells, hallways, the patio and fire pits;
- Modern staff members are required to wear masks.
Personalized check in:
- After you’ve made a reservation, you can expect a call from the front desk to discuss check-in options;
- The front desk staff is happy to assist with room selection before your arrival to guarantee you get the best room for your specific needs;
- You will receive a welcome bag with personal amenities at check-in;
- Extra face masks and hand sanitizer are available upon request;
- The front desk staff will direct you to parking along the back of the hotel, monitored by security cameras.
- All rooms and public spaces thoroughly deep-cleaned per CDC guidelines (refinished wood surfaces, carpets, HVAC systems, etc);
- Daily cleaning with commercial-grade disinfectants;
- Independent HVAC systems in all rooms—no shared air circulation!
- Hand sanitizer is readily available throughout the property in public spaces, restrooms, and suites.
- Complimentary continental breakfast is back! Everyday from 7-10 a.m., we are proud to serve locally sourced coffee, house-made vegetarian and meat fritattas, granola, fresh fruit, and fresh-squeezed orange juice.
- For now, the Modern Bar & Restaurant will remain closed until such time as we can foresee an end to community-wide transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
- Our sibling restaurant Txikiteo is one block north of the hotel at 14th & Idaho streets. Beginning November 1, Txikiteo will close for the winter. The patio will reopen for service in April of 2021.
- Read more about these decisions here.
Updated cancellation and change policy:
- If you booked before May 7th, 2020: We’re offering flexible rebooking, and adjusted our policy from 72 to 24 hours before arrival, penalty-free cancellations for any rebooked or new reservations.
- If you booked on or after May 7th, 2020: Cancellation policies are pursuant to the rate that you booked online. If your plans change due to a COVID-19 related travel restriction; if the ability of Modern Hotel to provide accommodations is restricted based on governmental guidelines (local, county, state or national); or if you or your family is being directly affected health-wise by COVID-19, your deposit and any cancellation/change fees will be waived. This applies to direct bookings made through our website or with a front desk agent. Online travel agent bookings will be subject to the third-party policies.