The Modern Hotel is looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor to work with our team to provide the most excellent customer service.
The Housekeeping Supervisor’s responsibilities include organizing employee shifts, training and motivating team members and checking private and public areas for tidiness. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of sanitation regulations and the ability to respectfully manage a diverse team.
Ultimately, you will help ensure our daily housekeeping operations run smoothly and that guests are satisfied.
- Clock employees in and out and assigning shifts at the start of the day
- Collaborate with the front desk to clean rooms according to need
- Communicate with housekeeping staff about rooms that have checked out and rooms that need to be prioritized
- Organize and maintain an efficient work space Assist in laundry when needed (wash, fold and organize towels and blankets and prep linen to be sent out to cleaner)
- Manage laundry and projects on days when main supervisor is present
- Manage daily housekeeping department operations on days when main supervisor is not present
- Inspect rooms (check for cleanliness and proper display/amenities)
- In charge of cleanliness in rooms and in guest areas within the hotel
- Monitor inventory and ordering needs
- No hotel experience required
- Independent work environment with collaborative mindset
- Enjoy working in a diverse, multilingual work environment
- Attention to detail and patience with repetitive tasks
- Maintain a friendly attitude toward staff and guests and a clean and professional appearance
- Multitasking is a regular part of the job
- Flexibility in prioritizing tasks and fulfilling department and guest requests
- Good communication is a must because you will be interacting with the front desk and maintenance department regularly—will need to relay information to staff and other supervisors
- Need to be able to lift up to 50 lbs and be able to be on your feet all day
- Frequent use of stairs
Schedule & Compensation:
- Shifts are not set but start at 8am and go until tasks are completed, usually around 3-5pm
- Hours vary but are usually within 30-40 hours for this position
- Starting pay is $12/hr and will be reassessed after a 90 day trial period
- 30-minute paid lunch break
- Scheduling is fairly flexible (most time off requests get approved) but must be available to work weekends, especially Sundays (generally the busiest day of the week)
- Vision and dental benefits are available at no cost after one year of employment
- Supervisors do not receive tips
If you are interested in this position, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.